Friday, June 20, 2008

TABLE HOLDERS or what we call CAMPERS

Double time

If you hold a table for two serving periods, make sure that you tip double. In other words, if you spend enough time at a table that a waiter could have typically gotten two parties seated and served, then compensate him for his time by tipping him twice. I like to ease his mind by telling him this about half-way through.

Hardly anyone..mostly NOBODY will do this!!! I'm lucky if I get 20 percent on 'campers' or whatever they are!!!

I can understand if people go to a diner that's 24/7 and is not busy...hang out and then just leave a really good tip and not DOUBLE...

It's a whole new ballgame when you fill up one of four tables...or a whole server section in a place that is only open til 9-10pm.
I've had big tables stay for 2-4+ hours and not leave me a cent more...usually 18 percent is included but what about all the other 18-25 percent tips I lost b/c they lounged away like they rented the place.

The next time someone lounges like that...I am not going to do anything nice...charge them for every thing I can...you better believe it!!!!

No comments:

Hollyweird

The View

SWINGERS RECUT - VEGAS BABY, VEGAS!