Friday, June 20, 2008

Nobody likes to WAIT, especially a LONG TIME!

I work in NYC & some people are crazy and literally will come in and try to eat in an hour or less. It's very possible to do that where I work but there are plenty of times that can't be done...plus when the kitchen does get backed up and people are waiting a long time...the best that I can do is get their check discounted.
The worst table wait I had to deal with was one waiting 45 mins to 1 hour for their food but it was in no way my fault. The bad thing was their appetizer came out in literally a minute and it was two parents with two kids. The kids were annoying their parents for their food....the father didn't even care that I took it upon myself to discount their check. He left me nada/nothing nonetheless. Sometimes when the waiter does discount the check on their own, it gives some people the impression that the waiter is taking the blame. In those cases I am blaming the kitchen and trying to do what I can to make the guests happy!! Ahhh the life! The check was discounted...so my tip wouldn't be! It was a weekend night!!!

No comments:

Hollyweird

The View

SWINGERS RECUT - VEGAS BABY, VEGAS!