Friday, January 9, 2009

"Waiter Rant" by THE WAITER

Well I just finished reading WAITER RANT and it was interesting -- some similar things that happened to me during my war stint (2001-2008 - 7 1/2 years! FROM Age 23-30).
I enjoyed it and found the way the kitchen and busboy staff is does seem the same in many places.
My spanish vocabulary also "improved" with the additions of BAD WORDS as well as how to say SHUT UP in Bangladeshi.
I only worked in two restaurants, neither of which would EVER be considered anywhere near fine dining but both located in NYC as well. THE WAITER made it through 3-5 places I think and while he may have had the UPPER CRUST of society to deal with . . . I think I experienced the opposite:

THE BOTTOM OF THE BARREL CRUST!

Words I can use to describe many things ('people') that darkened my own section as well as many other people I happen to come into contact with ---

SELFISH , CRAZY AND STUPID

AHH, THE ADJECTIVES EVERYONE IS DYING TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH!

WaiterRant is a worthwhile blog to check out and if you do wait tables - especially in "finer" establishments, then check his stuff out.

WAITER a.k.a Steve / Former Sad Man in the Window, if you're out there, Congrats on your success and more importantly --- I am happy you also threw in your Apron! (Hopefully for good this time! -- You don't even get to Cafe Machiavelli's in the book..
One may think you are done when you exited Le Bistro!

No comments:

Hollyweird

The View

SWINGERS RECUT - VEGAS BABY, VEGAS!